This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

#HAWMC: Day 12, "Day of Rest"

CHALLENGE: Day of Rest. Kick your feet up! What is your ideal day in? When you're having a bad day, or a long week--how do you relax, recharge and reset yourself? #HAWMC

I'll be honest with ya'll. I have a very hard time relaxing. When you have a chronic illness such as Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis, it is vastly important that you get your rest to give your body a chance to do whatever healing possible.
I'm stubborn. I'm always going, going, going to the point where I get completely exhausted and have no motivation to do anything... including things I love. There are times where I'd love nothing more than to sleep for days at a time... unfortunately, I can't do that. I have responsibilities and a job... if I don't work, I don't get paid. If I don't get paid, I can't take care of myself. Or my bills.

So, I guess if I had my ideal day with absolutely no consequences it would go something like this...

Sleep until I felt completely rested and wake up on my own... but not oversleep either, 'cause that also sucks. Just enough. Then I would make myself a pot of coffee and eat a healthy breakfast (eggs, hash browns, biscuit and of course, bacon).

After that, I would go outside and listen to the morning as I sat in a comfortable rocking chair - no interruptions and maybe get lost in a book. Maybe drink another mug of coffee. After I wake up, maybe blog a little bit and get lost in sketching. Snuggle with my cat. Take a nice, hot bubble bath. Maybe do some baking - if I felt like it. Snuggle up with the hubby and watch Pride & Prejudice (my personal favorite). Yep...

Chilling out at home in a quiet place with close friends is my ideal relaxation. I'm not a big social butterfly and am definitely an introvert. I love my quiet alone time. No distractions. No worries. No pressing deadlines. Just peace and quiet. That's what I love.

Labels: , ,