This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

#HAWMC: Day 10, "Comfort Food"

CHALLENGE: Comfort Food - We're not all 5 star chefs, but we all need to eat! Tell your readers how to make your favorite dish. Does the recipe hold a good memory for you? Is it the act of cooking itself that brings you joy or the people that come together to eat it! #HAWMC

Second time this week the challenge has had a reference to food. I'll be honest, I'm not what most would be considered a "foodie." I eat mostly out of necessity. I have my favorites, yes and I have foods that I absolutely will not touch (whether because I find it repulsive or because my bowels do!). Food is NOT my favorite topic.
That being said, I love cooking and I adore baking. I wish I had enough time to do both more often (and so does my husband). When I'm ill, there is one particular thing I like to make... and that is my kefir shake! It's soothing, nutritious, tasty, and won't kill my bowels (keep in mind that my bowels may tolerate some things that yours do not and vice versa).

Here's what's in it:
1/2 an avocado
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (I use dairy, but you could probably use non-dairy if you prefer)
5 ice cubes
1/4 cup of kefir (I make my own, for info click here!)
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coacoa powder
3 tbsp peanut butter
enough organic milk to top it off

I throw all of it into my trusty Ninja Blender (not even kidding!), then I pour it into a tall glass and drink it through a straw. Easy and quick... just what I need when I'm flaring!

Labels: , ,