This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

Who are YOUR heroes?

"He knows a hero when he sees one. Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams." --Aunt May Parker, Spider-Man 2




I love super hero movies. Spider-Man, Batman and Captain America are at the very top of my list (Batman will ALWAYS hold first place in my heart). This quote from Spider-Man 2 gives me chills and causes tears to well up in my eyes every time. 

There are so many people who have touched my life in a way words cannot describe. People who taught me about life and about myself. Encouraged me to hold on when I was ready to throw in the towel.

In regards to karate, my sensei, Don Byington is my hero. That man is in excellent shape and has been practicing karate for longer than I've been alive. I would not want to meet him in a dark alley. I truly admire and respect him.

Spiritually and artistically, I have my private art teacher, Perry Ritchie. She is a strong and very talented woman. I consider her to be my third grandmother. I love her dearly. She will always have a special place in my heart.

And I would be doing him a disservice if I didn't mention my husband, David, who has been by my side since day one of my disease. I'd be lost without him!!!

When it comes to IBD, I have many, many heroes. People who have gone through the fire on a much greater scale than I have.

Someone who has encouraged me to "hold on a second longer" is Sara Ringer from Inflamed and Untamed. If you've never read her blog, or seen her vlog posts on YouTube, you are truly missing out. You can follow her on Twitter and like her page on Facebook. Sara has been through the whole spectrum of problems in regards to IBD so you'd be hard pressed to come up with a question she couldn't answer. If you are interested in donating to her cause, click here.

There's also #PurpleProject's Kelly. She's funny, strong and has one of the biggest hearts I know. If you get a chance, check out her blog. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter. If you are interested in donating to her cause, check out her GoFundMe or Bravelets page. She's amazing and never stops smiling.

Kelly has become one of my dearest IBD buddies. She even nominated me for WEGO Health's Rookie of the Year Award (to see that nomination, click here). She and so many others have brought tears to my eyes in their congratulations. Colitis Ninja was created to help others, inspire them and let them know they aren't alone. I never expected it to receive any nominations. Since then, I have also made my own nominations and endorsed others.

Who are your heroes? Is there anyone out there who you think deserves a WEGO nomination (You have until December 31st to nominate and endorse candidates!)? Maybe there's someone out there who taught you that you're not alone. That there are others just like you who suffer and feel helpless. You aren't alone. There are so many people out there who are suffering and willing to help you get through your own pain. Please know that you are continually in my prayers and if you ever need to talk, you can always email me by clicking on the link to the right.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,