This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

I've Been Robbed!


On top of feeling exhausted and completely depleted of energy, I have been feeling blue and uninspired lately. I haven't been on Facebook or Twitter much. Neither have I had much interest in any of my hobbies. Seems like lately all I've wanted to do is sleep.

Don't get me wrong! I still have a desire for my passions... the desire to sleep, however, has been much stronger and I usually end up doing that.

I am almost 8 weeks out from surgery. You'd think I'd be past this stage. Perhaps it is the Prednisone leaving my system... or maybe it's because I have three abscesses and my body is putting all it's energy into healing. Whatever it is, I'm tired.

This weekend I've decided to kick myself in the bum and push through the exhaustion. I started brainstorming for Colitis Ninja. There are many things I want to do with it.

A few days ago Vegan Ostomy inspired me to make a video of me doing one of my kata. Some of you may know that I used to be a student of Shotokan Karate. I began taking classes in college and continued after graduation. Five years ago this month I achieved my brown belt. In our school brown comes just before black.

In February of 2011 I was approximately six months away from getting my black belt. Then Ulcerative Colitis got the best of me. I was robbed of one of my biggest dreams and goals in life.

Shortly after my diagnosis, I moved three hours away to be closer to my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time). I found a brief period of remission but could not find a suitable dojo. Since moving here, UC and I have been in a vicious battle. I am hoping that I will be able to pick up my training now that I've had surgery.

Until then, I am going to attempt to get back in shape before my second surgery and make a video of me performing one of my kata--with my ostomy.

So, yeah. UC robbed me of my black belt. Tell me--besides your health--what has your IBD robbed you of?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,