This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

My Hiatus

My husband! He's not very good at faking the "urge." See the outhouse behind him???

Well, it has been a crazy past two days for me. My home nurse sent me to the Emergency Room again because of my heart rate (152). They admitted me to the hospital for overnight observation. Both my doctor and myself think it is all due to the prednisone taper (down to 5mg!). He wanted to bump my dose back up to 10 or 20, but I negotiated with him and told him unless he thought it too dangerous, I was more than willing to "tough it out." So, he is keeping me on 5mg for another two weeks and then we'll go from there.

This next Thursday I have a followup with my surgeon and he told me he was going to stitch up my open wound! I didn't know you could do that! I am both nervous and excited about it. If you didn't catch the post about my open wound, click here.

I have a few other complications because of my weakened immune system (thanks Prednisone!), so if you are a praying person, please pray that I can get those taken care of quickly and that no more arise. :) I certainly do appreciate it. If you are not a praying person, some kind thoughts and encouragement are also welcome!!! 

I am taking a social media hiatus for the weekend because it is my sweet husband's birthday. He has been amazingly attentive, loving, caring, compassionate, etc. and I feel he deserves 100% of my attention. If any of you have any questions or need to contact me for any reason, please feel free to email me. You are all in my prayers! 

One more thing before I forget! Monday is World IBD Day!!! Be looking for my post about it... and please do something to help spread the word about Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's. Check out the #GetYourBellyOut campaign as well. They are going to have a LOT of exciting things going on that day! Take care!!!

Labels: , , , , ,