This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://colitisninja.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
le$>

Welcome to Colitis Ninja!


Let me introduce myself. My name is Amber and I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in February of 2011. I have been struggling with it on and off ever since. Life with an IBD can be frustrating and difficult. Let's face it, we have some of the most embarrassing symptoms on the face of the planet!!! Who wants to admit that they have digestive issues?! Not I!

The most unfortunate thing about this disease is that we fight in darkness. We fight in silence. We are afraid to talk about it. Afraid of what others may think. Every day we battle our own bodies, medications, food, doctors and those who fail to understand the pain and embarrassment we face. I want you to know that you are NOT alone in this battle.

I know what it's like to be afraid to go out in public wondering if you'll be able to make it to a bathroom in time. I know what it's like to deal with the horrible drugs that wreak havoc on your body. I know what it's like to feel misunderstood by those who don't understand our disease... I know what it's like to wonder if the pain, flaring and hard times will ever end.

I am currently battling my longest, most frustrating flareup yet. I think my doctors have finally found the right treatment for me... though we aren't 100% certain. I won't get into that right now. I just wanted to write this post to let you know that though things may be uncertain and scary, you WILL get through this. Just hold on! 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,